Job title: Workshop Manager
Location: Castle Donington, UK
Salary: Competitive based on experience
Contract Type: Full-time, 37.5 hours per week
Application Deadline: Monday 14th August 2017
On Event Production Co. are looking for an experienced and enthusiastic Workshop Manager to join their rapidly expanding Fabrication department. The successful candidate will have management and leadership skills and experience in running an efficient fabrication workshop, producing sets and scenery, furniture, and displays and/or exhibition stands for the events industry.
Main duties in the role will involve
- Develop and lead the Fabrication Team consisting of Scenic Fabricators, Site Managers and Draftsman.
- Manage production workflow: scheduling, resourcing, QC, storage and waste.
- Manage H&S, training and tool maintenance.
- Interpretation of CAD drawings.
- Workshop Logistics including stock management.
- Build and develop supplier relationships.
- At least 2 years’ experience of timber fabrication in a workshop supervisory capacity.
- At least 2 years’ experience of event or theatre set & scenery construction or exhibition stand manufacture and build.
- A broad knowledge of industry fabrication to include construction materials and finishes.
- Experience of line management including coaching and development skills.
- Working knowledge of Health & Safety at Work Act and CDM.
- Good level of freelance and supplier contacts in a variety of disciplines.
- Robust organisational skills, including multitasking and time-management.
- Experience with using Auto-CAD or similar software.
- Project management and Budget management skills.
- Evidence of developments made within previous employments.
- Evidence of working positively with colleagues of all ages and from a wide range of backgrounds.
- Good time keeping and time management of tasks and people.
- Good working knowledge of industry trends and best practice.
- Numerate & Literate.
The opportunities to learn are extensive and all required training will be given. Not only you can build on your previous skills but you can also increase your confidence to create relationships with clients of all ages and backgrounds. Although working in a small team, you will gain a great amount of experience and face amazing challenges every day!
How to apply:
To apply, please contact Sue Williams with your details and CV: email@example.com or give us a call on 0115 922 2959.
On Event Production Co. is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from everyone irrespective of gender, sexual orientation and ethnic group. Appointment will be based on merit alone.
About On Event Production Co. Ltd
We are an energetic, friendly, efficient and reliable creative live events production company with a big personality. We specialise in fabricating and providing bespoke set, scenery and technical production to the experiential live events industry.