Pro Mobile & NADJ team up for Mobile DJ Learning Hub
Taking education and development for mobile DJs to new levels at BPM | PRO 2017, Pro Mobile magazine – the UK’s only publication dedicated to mobile DJing – has teamed up with NADJ (National Association of Disc Jockeys) to host an interactive new learning area.
The Mobile DJ Learning Hub (LEARN | Four) – part of BPM | PRO’s LEARN Sessions – will offer mobile DJs, MCs and all-day wedding hosts an expansive programme of informative sessions, with more of a focus on interaction and socialising than seen in previous years. Rather than a series of separate seminars, the area will offer a continuous flow of DJ-relevant content, with host Alan Marshall (NADJ’s Education & Training Officer) creating a relaxed, interactive environment for attendees.
As well as working with this new format, the Learning Hub sessions will focus on interaction and friendly debate, as well as giving mobile DJs a place to develop their skills, catch up with their peers, and receive advice from some of the UK’s top names. Pro Mobile and NADJ have made sure that the two-day programme is varied and informative, so no matter what type of business they run or what level they’re at, visiting DJs will find something for them.
“Pro Mobile has been involved with the BPM | PRO learning sessions aimed at mobile DJs throughout the show’s 10-year history, and the NADJ has also contributed presentations on many occasions,” explained Pro Mobile editor, Eddie Short. “Therefore, it was a natural progression for us to team up this year, put our heads together, and come up with an exciting new format. Whether you choose to spend a full day soaking up the learning, or just drop in for a session or two, you’ll find that this year’s Mobile DJ Learning Hub will truly raise the bar for DJ education in a show environment.”
The full list of Mobile DJ Learning Hub sessions is now live, but here are details of just a few seminars and workshops taking place inside the new area:
- Toby Freeman – CHAUVET DJ’s European Product Specialist – will discuss the integration of wireless DMX systems into existing setups
- Motion graphics designer Phil Bearman will present an enlightening seminar on how video can enhance an event
- Derek Pengelly will give his last ever educational talk, seeking to show that success as a mobile DJ requires extensive commitment to best practise, high standards and outstanding customer service
- + more
- Tony Winyard will host the DJ Debate – for which the audience are encouraged to get involved!
- Josh Clarke presents a light-hearted talk called A Young DJ’s Guide to Business… and DJing!
- Co-founder of SoundSwitch, Matthew Watkins, will showcase the latest innovations in sound-to-light found in software-based DMX programmes in The Next Evolution of Sound to Light
- + more
Tickets for BPM | PRO are available now.